Monday, September 18, 2006

It's done!

Well I finished my reappointment file this morning and turned it into the Dean. I spent 7 hours yesterday gettting it together. For those of you who don't know what a reappointment file is let me tell you. Every year until I earn tenure (or get kicked out) I have to put together a reappointment file (really a binder) that details things I have done over the past year. Our files are divided into 5 section, application, integration, teaching, discovery, and citizenship. So I take the projects I worked on and figure out which section they fit into. I write up a narrative for each section and then provide documentation to support each section. In addition to this I also have to put in a copy of my curriculum vita, and all of my previouse evaluations and letters of reappointment. So each year the file gets thicker. In 2010 I will go up for tenure which will be a huge file.

2 Comments:

Blogger Paul-cant-dance said...

And I might add that she did a WONDERFUL job on her shtuff! And being the kind, supportive, and talented husband that I am, made dinner for her - Steak, no less, with my special super secret saute of shtuff. Sadly, the corn on the cob didn't quite work out.

6:30 PM  
Blogger Sam said...

Hey Paul...the more I read of all the shtuff your wife has to do to either secure or endure her career, the more I wonder why in the heck I got into such a boring line of work. LOL. I really should've been a sanitation engineer like I dreamed about when I was a kid. I applaud V.'s stamina and sticktoittiveness. She's a better man than I. (Hm...I could go back to making pizzas.)

Congrats V!

6:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home