Tuesday, July 18, 2006

The PBR!




Well last Saturday the husband and I were going to go out to dinner and a movie. That all changed Friday morning when the husband found out the PBR was going to be in Clevland.
What is the PBR you ask? Professional Bull Riders. These are the guys who make the big money, the ones they televise on OLN every Friday and Saturday night, the ones who world championship is in Las Vegas every year and makes billions of dollars.
We saw Chris Shivers, who has won over 3 million dollars. It was also very cute to hear my husband be so snobby about how people in Ohio don't know how to dress properly. Who knew that there were different types of cowboy hats for different seasons? I thought he was going to have a coniption when we saw a guy in a cowboy hat and shorts!
It was really fun to watch and it made me wonder why the husband had never worn his chaps for me.....
Enjoy the pictures, the first one is at the very beginning. The PBR symbol was written out on the dirt then they turned out the lights and lit it on fire and then the riders swaggered out. Nice eye candy, but not as nice as my very own bull rider!




7 Comments:

Blogger Sam said...

Nice pics. Cowboy Paul definitely looks the part...a Texan through and true. Vanessa, you appear a bit out of place, but then again, you are a librarian. Personally, I never could stand either rodeos or circuses because of the animal odor. Ick! Always gotta be careful where you step, too. As far as Paul in chaps...that is definitely bordering on TMI.

Glad y'all had a good time.

9:38 AM  
Blogger Paul-cant-dance said...

I must admit I enjoyed myself - one can't just wear a hat and boots and say you are a cowboy - you either are or you aren't. Besides the crew and bull riders, I was the only other cowboy there.

I pitched a fit when I saw wannabe's in t-shirts and cowboy hats - some even had shorts on! You simply DO NOT wear a cowboy hat to a rodeo or PBR without starched jeans, starched long sleeve shirt and genuine belt buckle. Roy Rogers was spinning in his grave.

It really wasn't that different from a rock concert - down to groupies (one of the hoochies in front of us went to try and get a portion of her anatamy that should have been better covered signed).

12:45 AM  
Blogger Sam said...

Damn! Why don't library hoochies ever come up to me and have me sign strategic parts of their anatomy?!? It just ain't fair. I think working a reference desk is 10 times harder than riding some pissed off bull that's got his jewels all in a knot. Once I'd like to hear..."Excuse me Mr. Library Man...you have been so helpful to me with my research that I would simply love it if you would sign my...(beep)...and also my...(beep)...and don't forget to sign in between my...(beeeeeeep)! Then maybe this career choice of mine wouldn't be so bad.

6:21 AM  
Blogger VJ said...

Sam, you are a sick individual!

6:43 AM  
Blogger logoANN said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

7:09 AM  
Blogger logoANN said...

There really aren't a lot of graphic desigern groupies (word insert for hoochies since I'm not interested in having an actual hoochie). Really you have so few career choices if you're in the market to be adored by fans - let alone be hoochied after. Let's see... rock god, tennis star or really any major sport not counting soccer in the U.S., uhmm, you could be a Donald Trump type figure and then you'd get higher class groupies. You're average joes just can't catch a hoochie break - even the cool people like librarians and graphic designers.

7:09 AM  
Blogger logoANN said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

7:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home