Friday, August 04, 2006

Ahhh Golf

To was a beautiful day in Northeast Ohio, so the husband and I did what any practical people would do, we played golf!
Now in our defense, we will be playing in a tournment in a few weeks and really need to play the entire 18 holes of the course so we could get a feel for the course and I could figure out what clubs to tee off with on the shorter holes.
We had a 7:45 t time so we finished up around 11:15, not bad for 18 holes. It was an absolutly beautiful morning, in the mid 70's and sunny. I shot a 102 for 18, which isn't bad, but not the best either. It was a little frustrating because I was hitting the ball really well, but was 2 or 3 putting. Gotta work on that.

3 Comments:

Blogger Paul-cant-dance said...

yeah, I hit the ball 'really well' too, only it never went where I intended it to. Hooked to the right several times, so I pick up the balls on the fairway of the next hole - after I drop at a reasonable location.

My score - 130somethingish. And I didn't hit any animals with the golf ball this time out. Those PAR 5's were... more like PAR 15's. Which, I might add, if they were listed as PAR 15's I might have birdied one.

7:46 PM  
Blogger Sam said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11:35 AM  
Blogger Sam said...

I feel your pain Paul. A couple of weeks ago I went out golfing for the first time in over a year...and it showed. Nevermind what my score was. I did manage 2 or 3 good shots and I didn't lose any balls so that's always a plus. But like any real golfers my buddy and I went to Hooters after we were done for some lunch. My buddy recognized one of the waitresses as a contestant on some modeling show on FOX. We asked her about it and sure enough it was her. From appearing on a national TV show to working at Hooters. She is obviously moving up in the world. By the way, I had some wings and a beer in your honor.

11:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home