Wednesday, January 23, 2008

New semester

Well, posted a new topic about a week ago but something must have happened to it since it did not appear.
We started a new semester last week, although I missed part of the first week due to a conference in Philly. This semester I am working, teaching the Research Methods course again as an adjunct, and taking two classes.
My classes seem ok. One is a business administration class and our readings are really interesting; they discuss how higher education is financed and structured. I am happy to report that as a doctoral student I do an additional work (in some of the classes I have had the same work as the master's students). The other class is Multiculturalism and Diversity. Just some papers in this class, I am a little worried it is going to be all touchy feely.
In other news I finished my article on the Information Source Preferences of Graduate Education Students: A Pilot Study (sounds earth shattering, I know ;-) and submitted it to Behavioral and Social Sciences Librarian. Now I get to sit around for at least a month and wait to find out if they want it. But fear not, I have already started plotting out my new article, something about the information literacy levels of teacher educations students.

3 Comments:

Blogger Sam said...

Holy smokes. You are sounding smarter and smarter to me everyday. I could never do all that. Since I've had no luck in the employment area, I'm considering practicing my pizza making skills. I hear Pizza Hut is hiring. Maybe an MLS will allow me to start as a cook instead of delivery boy. Otherwise I may use my diploma as a backup in case I run out of pee pads for my dogs.

I'm sure you'll do great in your classes. Does your skull have enough room for that every increasing brain of yours? Pretty soon you'll look like those aliens that appeared in pilot episode of Star Trek. (Ask Paul, he'll know which ones I speak of.)

Congrats on everything you've accomplished so far. I am truly impressed and admire you for it.

6:36 AM  
Blogger Paul-cant-dance said...

I promised her I wouldn't let her head become mush from the weight of the PhD. Or Star Trek alienish.

7:30 PM  
Blogger Sam said...

And please, do NOT let her become snooty and full of herself. You know how those brainy type get.

7:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home