Monday, August 13, 2007

Waiting


Well, a few weeks ago I finally finished my Ph.D. application. Last week the department called to set up an interview for today. I met with 3 members of the faculty and got to answer questions like "why do I want a Ph.D. in Higher Education Administration", "what are my short and long term professional goals" and other stuff.
I think it went well, the committee was going to make recommendations to the Association Dean this afternoon and letters will be mailed out in the next week. At least I don't have to wait a long time to hear. I am posting a couple of pictures of what I wore. A suit is always a safe bet.

3 Comments:

Blogger Sam said...

You look absolutely stunning. I'm sure you floored them during the interview with all you know and have to offer. I better start getting used to calling you "Doc" pretty soon. I'm sure accepting you into the PhD program will be a no-brainer. Great pics. You really are very photogenic. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

6:33 AM  
Blogger Paul-cant-dance said...

We spent some time on her choice of clothes, me being thesupportive husband and all. I even ironed them. Got me feeling so domestic (like the beer) that I pulled all my shirts out and starched them.

I'm sure that she convinced them, and then it will be Dr. and Mr. Earp - or Mr. and Dr. Earp, or 'The Smart one and her husband". We'll have to change the recording for the answering machine...

7:43 PM  
Blogger neonapple said...

Congratulations! Soon we will have to call you Dr.!

I really need to send my husband for classes with your husband so he can teach mine how to iron and starch!

7:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home