Thursday, June 07, 2007

Ah, the garden


I won't bore you with my ramblings on the garden. I will just post some pictures and say a few words. Three of the photos are of my Irises that bloomed this year, they are planted out by the fence post. I have a lot planted but they didn't all bloom this year (that is common for the first year).



The other group of pictures is of my garden. It has grown tremendously since these photos were taken due to the large amount of rain we have received in the last week. I find it amazing that I can water every morning and the garden grows a little, we get some rain and it springs up. Makes me wonder if we should all be drinking rain water! The red things are radishes for those of you who don't eat your veggies. They are usually the first crop of the season. Don't mind my picture, I was out weeding in the rain. I'll look better than that for LogoAnn's graduation!



5 Comments:

Blogger Sam said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

11:10 AM  
Blogger neonapple said...

Congrats on the iris's - all I seem to grow is weeds even after we put down weed killer - grumble grumble.

5:28 PM  
Blogger Sam said...

You obviously have a real talent for growing plants and vegetables. The flowers are beautiful and the radishes look very tasty. With the heat we have down here I've only been successful growing things about 35% of the time. Keep up the great work in the garden.

6:28 AM  
Blogger Paul-cant-dance said...

okey dokey, I'm thinking with 2(+) acres maybe we could do a little larger garden ... especially since the asparagus only throws out a couple shoots, and the strawberries will over run everything anyway.

8:05 AM  
Blogger neonapple said...

I vote for more stawberries - then Logoann and I can come over and we can make some preserves. Or maybe some corn!

11:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home