Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Cattle Prods

So some people just shouldn't be allowed to exist. I came home from work a little early today to check on the dalmation (see animal underground posting) and the poor thing couldn't walk. I had to call Paul home from work so we could go to the vet because I couldn't carry her.
The vet was super nice, they x-rayed her leg and said that it didn't look like she had been hit, it is an old legiment injury that was never taken care of properly. Her ear that was swollen up like a baloon is a condition that dogs can get. They get an ear infection that doesn't get treated and shake their head and scratch so much they burst the blood vessels and the ear flap fills with blood (called a hematoma). This requires surgery to fix. Some of her teeth have broken off, probably from chewing on a cage and she has cataracts. So the dog is old.
Now I could handle all of this. We paid $115 to the vet, which is very reasonable consider the exam, xray, cleaning out the ears, and draining the hematoma a little. What really pisses me off is that on the way home we are stoped by the neighbor lady a few houses down that also stoped this morning. Her son told her that when he was waiting for the bus this morning he saw a red dodge derango stop and DUMP the dog out!~
WHAT KIND FUCKING ASSWHOLE DUMPS AN OLD DOG, WHO OBVISOULY LOVES PEOPLE? I WOULD LOVE TO FIND THE SON OF A BITCH AND STICK A CATTLE PROD UP THEIR NEITHER REGIONS.
So, what we have decided to do is contanct a dalmation rescue organization and see if they can place her. She is super sweet but she needs a lot of attention and we just don't feel qualified taking her on full time. The good news is that the other dogs seem to be ok with her.

4 Comments:

Blogger Paul-cant-dance said...

mind you, I couldn't leave well enough alone, I had to end the difficult day with stupidity that we need not go into here. Suffice it to say that I was distracted by my own sad excuse for a brain.

Not that that's an excuse for poor judgement on my part. It's just that I don't normally say or bring up things quite so idiotic and with such bad timing.

we really need to win the lottery.

8:07 PM  
Blogger Sam said...

I applaud your love and caring for the poor dog. I agree, folks like the owner of the truck should be hung by his testicles and covered with honey and ants. While working in Kingsville I saw a pick up truck intentionally swerve towards a puppy by the side of the road and run it over. I was in shock for the rest of the day after witnessing such a purposely cruel act. Again...more brownie points for you for going to such lengths to care for the poor dog.

As for you Paul...you're right, timing is everything. We are hoping to win the lottery sometime soon. We are in debt up to our eyeballs and then some. We're not living check to check yet but with the tuition cost of my upcoming summer classes, we may soon reach that point. The five summer classes I'll be taking total up to about $3700. Sheesh.

All we can do is hang tough. As they say..."at least we have our health."

7:28 AM  
Blogger logoANN said...

We may be in trouble here folks. See I, too, was planning to win the lottery. We should buy all our tickets together so we can pull our resources. Other wise we may have a fight on our hands.

8:06 AM  
Blogger Paul-cant-dance said...

not at all... we plan on givingmost of it away to friends, family, and good causes.

1:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home