Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Uderground Animal Network?

Do you believe in he existence of the underground animal network? Well I do. All but two of our animals came to us this way. (Inky and Nozer were selected by me). So this morning I am doing good, I am leaving for work a little early, have my lunch packed and going down the driveway and what do I see. A full grown Dalmation (no collar or tags) wondering in the road looking a little dazed and confused. (Not in a good drug induced way either). So I call to it and it is looking at me but won't come into the yard because my heathens in the back are barking their heads off. A women came around the curve in her minivan and stop and the dog went up to her. I walked out and the dog was so sweet and so scared. I had Paul come out with a leash, we weren't going to just let the poor thing roam around and get hurt. The dog went right up to Paul when it saw the leash in his hand. The dog also went right inside the house and wanted on the couch! Definately a house dog. So the dog is in the laundry room and I have called ALL the vets listed in the portage county phone book, the dog warden, and the animal protection league. Nobody has called reporting a lost dog. I am a little worry that it is a drop off. I'll post pictures tonight. We are going to make up some flyers.

2 Comments:

Blogger Sam said...

I'm sure you're earning a lot of brownie points by taking care of these strays that come around. We are also taking care of a stray that won't let us come near him. He has made a little home underneath some shrubs nextdoor to us. I will take him food and water every morning. I called the Lost Pet Hotline and they came out to take a look at him to get a good description. Apparently no one has reported this dog lost. I am trying to earn the dog's trust so I can take him to the Humane Society. In the meantime, I'll just keep feeding him until he learns to trust me or until he decides to move on.

12:02 PM  
Blogger logoANN said...

I think it's less of a question of an underground and more the fact that you guys are magnet to animals in some way. Perhaps animals can sense caring people when they are in need. Or maybe your just a better person than those people who wouldn't have stopped on their way to work to bother with a lost dog... Is it girl or boy?.... Damations sure are pretty...

12:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home