Monday, June 12, 2006

Summer, what summer?

Well, I foolishly thought the summer months would be slow here at KSU and lined up a number of projects to work on. I am conducting an Information Literacy Workshop for TAG Education Faculty, submitting a survey for IRB approval (which will hopefully lead to an article publication), creating online modules for some education classes in the fall, and creating a 4 session training orientation for Education Graduate Assistants, plus my normal desk hours.
This would normally be just enough to keep me busy, what I didn't plan on was the number of requests for actual library instruction I would get. I have 6 scheduled for the next month. Now this wouldn't be so bad either, except that I'll miss 8 days for a conference in New Orleans, plus I am taking the first week of July off because Norma (paul's mom is visiting).
Did I mention that in my crazyness I thougth we should have a bbq on July 2? Now in addition to all my professional work, I have to plan a bbq for anywhere from 5-50 people.
Hmmm, maybe I need an assistant.

3 Comments:

Blogger logoANN said...

Students are cheap labor. I'm sure you could afford one. I, myself, work for near slave wages. I'm sure you could lure a hungry student into your clutches by waving a Chipotle burrito at them alluringly... That would solve your problems!

8:21 PM  
Blogger Sam said...

Once again you give so many reasons why I wouldn't wish this career on my worst enemy. I try not to let my job interfere with my daily personal life. I'm an 8 to 5 kind of guy. I don't like to think about my job when I punch out. Otherwise the only thing I'll be punching out will be the patrons or my boss. I'm sure you'll be just fine V. You have that energy and love of the job to get you through all that stuff you have to do. As for me, I plan to always save enough time in my day for the 3 most important things in my life: Wife, golf, and Hooters. Hey Paul...let me hear you say AMEN!

6:04 AM  
Blogger Paul-cant-dance said...

Amen, er, uh, I mean, uh, Gee, the weather sure is nice for June...

7:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home