Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Officially Official

Well, it is officially official. I graduated from Texas A&M with my Masters of Science Degree (education). Graduation was last Friday and I decided not to go, too many other things to do, like sign papers on the house. I was a little frightened that I was going to get a phone call or e-mail, saying "opps" we forgot to have you do this or take this class. Now at normal universities this wouldn't be a fear, but any of you who have worked at, attened, or know anything about Texas A&M - Kingsville, know this fear.
Well this fear was put to rest today, I received my diploma in the mail along with offical university transcripts. Now the biggest decision is what kind of matting and frame to put it in. I must admit I feel slightly adrift, I have been in school in one form or another since 1982(? I think). I am already finding myself board.
I know I'll go on for a Ph.D, but I promised Paul that I would wait atleast 2 years, and I know for my sanity that is the best. But part of me feels I must push on.
I know I am crazy!

6 Comments:

Blogger Paul-cant-dance said...

I get the call...

"You need to cook me something special for supper - I actually got the diploma and official transcript! - time to celebrate!"

So, I ran to Giant Eagle, bought some King Crab Legs and shrimp and corn on the cob and salad, and had it ready moments after she got off work.

She worked darned tootin hard for that diploma, and Dr. Clayton puts her nickname in paranthesis when she signs it... "Kay". It's not an autograph

7:18 PM  
Blogger logoANN said...

Congratulations! But in some sense you've never left school. You're just on the other side of the desk so to speak.

9:20 PM  
Blogger Sam said...

Congrats V. Maybe now you can get a decent job. So what can one do with an MS (education)? Paul, maybe you should become a certified chef. I could see you in a tall white hat cooking away in some fancy restaurant. Now there's a real job. Big time money and maybe a show on the Food Network.

6:13 AM  
Blogger Paul-cant-dance said...

Yeah, but all the really cool lines are gone... BAM!

Slaving in - oh! can't use that word!

Toiling in a kitchen, I can't wear one of those mushroom hats, makes my ears look really big. Besides, how many different ways can I cook Hamburger Helper? The wife is the la cooka excellente.

4:15 PM  
Blogger Zegi said...

Congratulations! I think the school-drift feeling is common. You have to expand your horizons. Go to Joann Fabrics and take a dorky 1 hour class now and then. It feeds the need for schooling and will only cost you a small fortune in crafting equipment.

9:05 AM  
Blogger neonapple said...

Take a break! You deserve it! Congratulations! I am still burned out from college so I would imagine you are way past that to being toated carbon black ashes.

I agree with Zegi - take a knitting class or something. Nothing like a fiber crafting addiction to satisfy the perfectionist within us.

2:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home