Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Chicken update

Well, the peeps are a little over 2 weeks old and growing like weeds. They are much more curious than the meat chickens were. They scratch around in the wood shavings looking for bugs and I think they will enjoy themselves when they move outside in about 6 weeks. They are also not obsessed with food, don't get me wrong they like to eat; food just isn't the be all end all with them. We can now tell the difference between the silver and golden breeds, their feathers make that a little easier. They are still small but their feathers seem to be coming in fast.







2 Comments:

Blogger Sam said...

Those are some cute chickies. Must be hard to put a leash on them to take them for their walks. I think Paul's next book should be about raising chickens. It could make you millions.

5:46 AM  
Blogger VJ said...

I agree, although I think he should write about all the animals we will one day have (cows, sheep, goats, perhaps a llama)......I am sure he looks at me sometimes and thinks I did a bait and switch. I pretended I was very classy and civilized and then after we got married my county genes came out!

9:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home