Saturday, January 14, 2006

Being Faculty....

I really enjoy being faculty but sometimes I wonder if people are insane... In addtional to a normal 40 hour work week, I have to research, publish, and present. There are opportunities to do so, I just never think my ideas are good enough or orrigianl enough.
I am really excited about a projecct that I am going to start working on this semester. I will be desining a survey to test the information literacy of graduate students in a department of the college of education. One particular department is really interested in working with me, which is great. If all goes well that will lead to an article.
I guess I just wonder about my talent as a librarian. Don't laugh, you all wonder about your talent in your chosen profession. I know you do. It is an exciting time I am developing professionally and I guess I wonder how far I can evolve.

2 Comments:

Blogger Paul-cant-dance said...

I just wanted to be the first to comment on the blog - I really don't have a lot to comment about. Some radio talkshow host commented about people questioning their abilities on the job, something about the ones that do are most commonly the best of the bunch.

5:17 PM  
Blogger neonapple said...

I dissagree with MAN IN BLACK! MAN IN BLACK doesn't even have a blog so he can't go around criticising your encouragement of LOGOANN.

I suspect MAN IN BLACK is just searching for some encouragement for himself.

4:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home