Wednesday, January 11, 2006

My calendars

So, I guess I am a little bit of a nerd. I not only have 1 calendar, but 4. Yes count them 4 calendars. One is on my computer in a program called corporate time (this is the main one, the "mother ship" of the calendars) all my other calendars get filled in according to this one.
Next I have my day planner, so I am not sure it actually counts as a calendar. I write everything down in it. Appointments, classes I am teaching, meetings I have, and other various stuff.
Then comes my desk. I have two calendars on my desk, yes 2. I have a big flat calendar that I can fill in with the month and days. Everything gets written on that one also. Then I have a small desk calendar that not only is stuff written in, but it is color coded...red for desk and OChat shifts, blue for office hourse, and green for teaching.
It is almost as if I think if I keep enough calendars I will become better at time management, which realistically I am not bad at to start with. Except for spending so much time filling in calendars ;-)

5 Comments:

Blogger Paul-cant-dance said...

I think she forgot that there's a free one somewhere in yahoo mail. I haveone in hotmail, so she should have one in yahoo mail. I need one more than she does, she is better at time management, but I'm better at spacial geometry and arrangements.

6:07 PM  
Blogger VJ said...

That is just one of the many reasons I need you honey..

6:54 AM  
Blogger Sam said...

I wonder if Paul has bought this year's issue of the Hooter's calendar. I hear the calendars might even have a picture or two on it. As for me, I don't ever want to be so busy that I even need a calendar. If I can't remember what I have on the day's agenda then it must not be all that important. Works for me. ;-)

8:15 AM  
Blogger logoANN said...

I am a wonder calendar woman. This quarter I'm having trouble remembering to look at the darn thing. I'm lucky if things are written down even once.

9:51 AM  
Blogger neonapple said...

We need to get you a Palm Pilot - that you can sync at work and then at home and carry around with you. THat might help eliminate at least one or two of those calendars.

I have 2 calendars - one that lives on the Palm and get synced with the work and home computers and another cycle calendar on TCOYF.

4:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home